Tuesday, July 12, 2005

私とアムシノーヴァーさんは
美味しいお寿司を食べましたよ

WATASHI TO AMUSHINOOVAA-SAN WHA
OISHII O-SUSHI WO TABEMASHITA YO

(Me and Amshinover Ate Delicious Sushi. Yo.)

Today for lunch, I went out to the Five Towns and met up with Harav Haga’on Haleitzan (in a good way) Amshinover, šlit"a at his favorite restaurant. We talked about all kinds of bloggariffic topics, like Slifkin bans, (anti) Zionism, the state of Judaism in the world today, and Hummers. And we said lots of lashon hara‘ about all of you. So There.

We also discussed a topic that interests both of us, the history and development of the nusahh of prayers. And how to evaluate accuracy and/or meaningfulness in changes to the text.

But mostly, we ate sushi. Crazy sushi. And sashimi. Mmmm... mostly-raw fish... so much better than slimy gefilte fish in a slime-filled jar. It was actually the first time I ate sashimi straight, just the raw fish flesh itself dipped in soy sauce. It was a little weird. I'm more of a gestalt sushi eater, going for the whole combined rice-fish-etc. experience. Amshinover, on the other hand, is more of a hard core sushi/sashimi purist, who prefers it when other flavors don't get in the way of the fish itself.

Orthomom didn't join us. Maybe next time?

Forgotten Additional Point:
What the heck is up with those signs on the highway past JFK airport that point you towards the exits for
No Hangar Road, No Boundary Road, and No Conduit Road? I mean, after thinking about it a while I figured out that all the Nos are short for "North" — but wouldn't it be so much less confusing to abbreviate it N., instead?

15 Comments:

Blogger tmeishar: said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I noticed my name in your blogroll and I really liked it. Would you mind if I use it (as in rename my blog)?

7/12/2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Tmeishar:

No problem, go ahead! :-)

7/12/2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger tmeishar: said...

Thanks! :-)

7/12/2005 4:39 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

next time? i'm game. say next tuesday

7/12/2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Who else should we bring? MoChassid lives around there too, right?

7/12/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

Hey, I thought you guys were convinced that I showed up but didn't say hi!

7/12/2005 5:32 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Well, that was our first hypothesis. But since them we've become increasingly convinced that you don't actually exist.

7/12/2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

we've become increasingly convinced that you don't actually exist
LOL

7/12/2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I'm going to have to let Amshinover himself answer that one. I wouldn't want to reveal any sensitive Rebel Alliance information to the Empire which might negatively effect the situation on Kashyyyk.

7/12/2005 7:19 PM  
Blogger Shifra said...

I have a friend who refers to the slime that comes in gefilte fish jar as the gefilta's "natural habitat."

Speaking of wierd names for things I can't look at a butter knife without thinking of it as "the proper utensil" thanks to you!

7/13/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Shifra:

1. I am exceedingly grateful that i am not a gefiltǝ fish, in that case. (ewwww)

2. ((insert mad scientist maniacal laughter here))

;-)

7/13/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

But now i don't seem to be able to find where that whole The Proper Utensil thing came up...

7/13/2005 11:30 AM  
Blogger Shifra said...

Oh I know, mirty's blog - she blogged about "butter knife guy" or something.

7/13/2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Mississippi Fred MacDowell said...

Aww, this is all so sweet. :)

7/13/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I refer to the slime that gefilte fish comes in as slime.

I ate sushi once in Cleveland.

7/21/2005 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home