Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Conflict-Avoidant Kind of Guy

In response to my my last post, my brother (who, if y'all remember, called my original "politburo" picture 'crappy') commented:

You can't even successfully court controversy by bringing up Biblical Criticism!!
what's with you???

Well, what is wrong with me?
I'm a conflict-avoidant kind of guy. I don't like it when I get stuck in throw-down all-out verbal grudge matches like I did that first time on Chakira with Steve Brizel. So while in RL (=real life) I may periodically get into arguments with people, hold my ground, and even win, I prefer to avoid direct confrontation if possible. Which could be why Psychotoddler found my blog somewhat disappointing. After all, I'm generally content. I'm not one of these people who hate their neighborhood or their community, and can't escape except under the guise of blogly anonymity.

Anyway, friends, Judeans, countrypeople, here's a list of possible future post topics. Some of them are controversial while others are probably more banal. Do y'all want blood or mud?
  1. "Judge kol ha’adam Favorably": Who?
  2. Why I am not a big fan of Kabbalah
  3. Paleodiet vs. Kashrut
  4. Why I can't stand Chabad
  5. Dilemmas of Dressing for Davening (inspired by Jack)
  6. How to read Hebrew with a Steggian accent
  7. Adventures in Jewish Bigotry

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to be controversial if you don't want to!
-the good fairy

7/26/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger tmeishar: said...

Seeing the dark side of Steg? I can't wait.

7/26/2005 4:05 PM  
Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

I'd be interested in 2), 4), and 5). I probably won't agree with your 4) because I think there's more misinformation plaguing their group than truth. Can't we all just get along?

7/26/2005 5:33 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

and to think me and you are friends

7/27/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Shifra said...

I'm also a serious conflict avoider which is why I blog about coffee and song lyrics and snoods.

Maybe that's why I like your blog- entertaining and very informative yet nothing to get all worked up into a lather about.

I'm interested in all the topics you listed! Looking forward.

7/27/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Shifra said...

I'm also a serious conflict avoider which is why I blog about coffee and song lyrics and snoods.

Maybe that's why I like your blog- entertaining and very informative yet nothing to get all worked up into a lather about.

I'm interested in all the topics you listed! Looking forward.

7/27/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Shifra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/27/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Shifra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/27/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger BBJ said...

""Judge kol ha’adam Favorably": Who?"

Interesting.

"Why I am not a big fan of Kabbalah"

Fun.

"Paleodiet vs. Kashrut"

I don't even know what this means, so bring 'er on!


>Why I can't stand Chabad

It will be hard for me to respond, since I have an unrelentingly positive attitude about Chabad. I don't mind hearing otherwise, I just can't trash along.

"Dilemmas of Dressing for Davening (inspired by Jack)"

I usually wear nice slacks, or a long skirt. Sometimes a suit, if it's yontiff.

"How to read Hebrew with a Steggian accent"

Might be intriguing.

"Adventures in Jewish Bigotry"

You'll get feedback. Maybe not from me, but feedback.

7/27/2005 7:23 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Shifra:

What's with the triplicate comment? :-)

Everyone:

Thanks for the picks and suggestions... i'll get working on them soon, maybe even tonight!

7/27/2005 7:26 PM  
Blogger Shifra said...

I'm sorry, I KNOW I didn't mean to repeat myself... Maybe I just like attention...

7/28/2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I didn't think you were compelling because you hadn't written any posts!

Now that you have, of course, all I can say is "I rarely know what you're talking about."

7/28/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Real Life? What's that? Some kind of blog?

I checked up http://reallife.blogspot.com, but it was pretty much blank.

7/29/2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger Knitter of shiny things said...

I'm the opposite. Conflict avoidant IRL and blogging about everything controversial that pisses me off. But no one reads my blog much, so there aren't any conflicts. Yet. I bet if I un-anonymicized myself there might be a huge ruckus when people find me and are like "this is what she really thinks?!?!" Or not. I'm sure I'm not as important in everyone else's life as I think I am.

And why am I going through your old posts? Because you haven't updated. Update!

8/20/2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home