Sunday, September 17, 2006

"Returning" to AishDas
& the Yavneh Minyan

This past Shabbos, AishDas and the Yavneh Minyan had another shabbatón. It was pretty good, even though the catering people in charge of dinner Friday Night again thought that apple strudel is a side-dish ;‑) .

I also met Ari Kinsberg on Friday Night, which was cool. I'll have to go add him with a "stalkage" mark to my "ChEzzicklist".

Thanbo has two 3 great recaps of the shabbaton: part I, part II, part III
R' Micha Berger's notes for his Friday Night speech: here

6 Comments:

Blogger Phillip Minden said...

I had to reread your pertinent January post - of course, the confusion between dessert and side-dish is there because it really is a main dish.

Oh, and Sießche makes the world's best - I think this is from her Czernovitzer and so Austro-Hungarian side.

9/18/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

I agree with Lipman. Apple strudel is a main dish.

9/18/2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Oooh, I like that name... ChEzzicklist. :) Sweet.

9/18/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger thanbo said...

>two great recaps

For very large values of 2.

Or was the third not so great?

9/19/2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger Lion of Zion said...

thanks for mentioning me! i get a big kick out of it (not to mention an ego boost) when my my daily blog hits goes into double digits.

9/19/2006 1:41 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Lipman & Back:

suuuuure... :-P
(that's for it being a main dish; i'm not disputing Sießche's cooking skillz ;-) )

Ezzie:

And "Chizzecklist" would sound like Snoop Dog.

Thanbo:

Ooops! that was from before part III. Forgot to change the number.

Ari:

You're welcome!

9/19/2006 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home