Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Dayenu Factor

I have friends from college who have what they call a "Nazi Fund" — a stash of money that they keep around just in case the United States of America falls into totalitarianism and they need to get the heck out of Dodge.

Former Air Force officer Mikey Weinstein is fighting hard to make sure that they'll never need to use it.

Read the month-old interview of him
in1 three2 parts3 at Salon.

Here's a juicy teaser quote:
Many [evangelical Christians] tell me, "Mikey, OK, Anne Frank, Dr. Seuss, Jack Benny, Gandhi, they're all burning eternally in the fires of hell." And here's the distinction they just don't fucking get, these cocksuckers do not get this: I would give my last drop of blood and my last breath, and I would commend my three children in the Air Force -- one of whom's going to be heading to Iraq in a few months -- to give their last drop of blood and their last breath to support the rights of these people to believe that Anne Frank is burning eternally in hell … If they want to believe that their version of Jesus has her burning eternally in hell, I'd give my life for that. But I will not do that if my government tells me who are the children of the greater God and who are the children of the lesser God or no God at all. And that's what these monsters are doing.


If you are in the USA, and your synagogue says a prayer for the American armed forces, you might want to keep in mind to ask God to protect our soldiers from hostile enemies on foreign soil... as well as hostile 'friends' back here at home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More information and a donation to Weinstein's Military Religious Freedom Foundation can be made at http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/

1/11/2007 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's unusually blunt! He rocks!

1/12/2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

damn' str8 steg

lock and load baby

it's not going down here like it did in Amshinov, Poland.

1/22/2007 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home