Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Don't Think That Counts As Attribution

HAPPY MARTIAN DAY!
My fourth-grade English teacher used to call the first day of every Gregorian month (i.e. parallel to the Jewish calendar's Rosh Hhodesh) "Martian Day", and write on the board exclusively in green chalk. I carry on this tradition with my own students, although the green chalk on blackboard has been replaced by green marker on whiteboard.


IN OTHER NEWS...

It seems that someone out in the Wikiverse decided that my undetailed and unsourced assertion about the powers of the Sanhedrin according to Jewish Law counted as a reliable source for the Wikipedia article on Modern attempts to revive the Sanhedrin. It's even got a link here to my post Super Sanhedrin to the Rescue?, which it quotes from in this section of the article.

In exploring this strange twist of fate, I figured out that I was propelled into wikidom at exactly 10:21, 8 August 2006 by a contributor going by the name 'Historian2'.

I also discovered that someone impersonated me on the forums of the ‘Arutz Sheva‘ Sanhedrin itself, calling themself "Steg" and quoting my post. There are a few interesting replies, as well as the rantings of some crazy self-identified Kahanist.

Thank you, SiteMeter, for revealing G d's secrets to flesh-and-blood!

Taboo deformation spelling of God as 'G d' copied from one of my students.

I'm actually in Wikipedia somewhere else, if you know how to look...

And no, I'm not Rabbi Gil Student.    ;-)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoo iz intarwebs-famous!!

2/01/2007 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY WAIT!!!
****I'M**** internet famous! That was my insight about Orthodoxy, Conservativism, and Sanhedrin-power!

go me!

2/01/2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

do you want me to go back and identify the "Someone else", then? :-P

2/01/2007 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the post you say "my brother"...it's just the Wikipedia quote is missing that phrase. Either way, your original post does give accurate attribution (retribution?) -- both giving me a feeling of self-satisfied big-headedness as well as bringing ge'ula to the olam.

2/01/2007 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what you're telling us is that you are even more famous than we thought you were? Do you have an agent? When will you be going out with Britney Spears?

2/01/2007 3:59 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

Steg and Britney Spears?


I had no idea she was Jewish.

2/01/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

madonna, then?

2/04/2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

I was surprised when she changed her name to Esther.

I would've thought that Alma would've been a more natural choice for her.

Seeing as Michael Jackson is already taken.

2/05/2007 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home