Sunday, November 02, 2008

Voting Prayer

Rabbi David Seidenberg of NeoHasid.org posted a non-partisan prayer to be said in the voting booth. I highly recommend it to my fellow American Jews who will be voting this Tuesday, no matter which issues your vote turns on or who you are planning on voting for. I will probably personalize it when I use it, so feel free to do the same, whether you keep it general or want to relate it to the issues or candidates you care about.

As I did not write it, I take no responsibility for grammar or spelling.

HEBREW-ENGLISH PDF

ENGLISH WEB PAGE

(link originally sent to me by my rabbi, with whom i am presently in the middle of a long drawn-out debate over email centered around the interpretation and application of Natan Shtsharansky's new book Defending Identity, which we both are big fans of even though we generally do not agree on political matters)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kylopod said...

My only problem with this is you shouldn't take any extra time in a voting booth, since other people are waiting to use it. I'd suggest doing the prayer while on line, or in your car, or outside the building.

11/02/2008 2:58 PM  
Blogger rivkayael said...

i like.

11/02/2008 6:09 PM  
Blogger lxr23g56 said...

I knew you weren't really Orthodox! Nice!

While on the subject of the election have you seen this?

http://tamaraeden.wordpress.com/2008/11/02/im-voting-republican-and-you-cant-stop-me/

11/02/2008 9:53 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Kylopod:

good point!

Tikkunger:

OH NOES!!! quoting Renewalist liturgy!!!11!!1!!!! Orphodox alarm RING RING RING...
cough cough.
I poke you with my Orthodox pinky toe.

11/02/2008 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home