Monday, October 17, 2005

Now With Haskama

Shifra reviewed my blog! I feel like I just got a haskama from the gedol hador— no wait, gedolat hador!
(and I don't mean this guy; he already gave me one, although Shifra's is a lot more eloquent)

«insert modest-but-proud acceptance speech here»

Have a gutyontef / hhag sameiahh, everybody!
(but especially Shifra)


And in the spirit of popularity, I've installed a hit counter on the side.

In other Sukot news, Alan Scott highly recommends Rabbeinu Bahhya's commentary on Succos and the Four Plants for those interested in Hippy-Orthodox, Indigenous, and similar 'earthy' streams of contemporary Jewish thought.

Oh, and be very careful what you say when discussing your ritual temporary holiday dwelling with Russian-speakers. вы-амаскил йидом.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rabenu Bachya on Sukkot, as I state it, has a bunch of parallel ideas from other places thrown in too, btw. Maybe you can track down the specific references?

Btw I can't believe you wrote "vehamaskil yidom" in russian.

10/17/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Some interesting (though a bit depressing) stuff in Abravanel on the 70 Bullocks.

10/17/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Shifra said...

gedolat hador!!!
Wow!
Does this mean my husband gets to bake the kugels now so I can sit and learn?

10/17/2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you :)

10/18/2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Shifra:

yes, i think that IS what it means ;-)

Mobius:

heh cool, sounds like fun (except for the part involving spending shabbos with my brother) :-P

10/24/2005 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home