Tuesday, February 14, 2006

New Profile Picture?

Yesterday I received a mysterious package. Upon opening it up, I discovered a set of pictures of myself (and one group shot) from the graduation of my teacher training program in Israel last year. And I thought, hey, these are professional pictures, maybe one of them'd go well as my profile picture.

So far my profile picture has been:

  — a very formal-looking headshot

  — me leaning over with Navit cropped out

  — and a subtle stegosaurus reference


For some other old possibilities, you can see the options at my very first post back when I thought I wasn't going to have a real blog. Ha ha ha. I could not expect the addiction that would follow...


Anyway, here are the new pics:


#1: Speaking


This one reminds me of RYG"B's picture.
That whole sideways mouth-open microphone thing.
And I'm definitely gesturing with at least one hand out of view.


#2: Close


Yeah, it's a portrait shot.
Very zoomed-in.
I hate smiling for cameras.
This one was particularly goofy, as I recall.
Pictures came out pretty good, though.


#3: Out


Another portrait shot.
A bit more zoomed-out.
Looks a little darker, too, at least on my screen.



So, any preferences from the audience?
(or should i just stop being narcissistic and get back to tay-ra?)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with all these pictures of yourself, i SO bet you that i'm gonna have to start turning down autograph requesters on the street. they never even bother to check if i'm you and not your brother. stupid rabid Steg fans.

2/14/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

yeah well serves you right for all those people who keep on thinking i'm you! or that this blog is yours! it's not like i didn't pay for it fair and square with a bowl of lentil soup...

2/14/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

The "speaking" picture actually looks like you (unlike some of the ambigous ones, like the one that's on your profile currently).

2/15/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger thanbo said...

I agree with MarG.

2/15/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

okay

in that case, hopefully RYGB won't sue me for style infringement ;-)

2/15/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger thanbo said...

I don't think so. You're not falling off the edge of your picture. RYGB is.

2/15/2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

First picture: seriously startled.

Second picture: serious intellectual, friendly yet intense.

Third picture: evil dude.

2/15/2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

What is wrong with being an evil dude. There are some cool perks.

2/17/2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Jack:

Until your discount henchmen bungle the greatest evil scheme ever and you end up in the clutches of the cleancut-or-angsty superhero-of-the-month.

2/17/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Phillip Minden said...

What is wrong with being an evil dude.

It doesn't even have to cost much money, maybe apart from the pipe organ and the Persian cat. Oh, right - I forgot the satellites. Those might run into money.

2/18/2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home